Friday 14 August 2015

Affordable Yong Tau Fu in the campus...

When I'm experiencing brain dead situations and I really couldn't decide on what I should be having for lunch, most of the time if I can hop on the correct bus, I would usually go to the canteens that are spread across the NUS campus. And this is one of my favorite options in the campus. :P

'Yong Tau Fu'
As far as I know, there are at least 3 or more canteens in the campus that are preparing
and selling this. The best part? Since you can pick and choose the ingredients yourself
you can decide the number of ingredients that you want to have for lunch. Besides for the
vast spread of ingredients that they are offering, the price that they are charging for
each individual ingredient is so low that it's too good to be true.

And in case you are not into the meaty stuff and you can't differentiate them, here's a
quick walkthrough on how you can differentiate the meaty stuff. Firstly, vegetables are
vegetables, those should be pretty easy. For the vegetables that wraps around some
ingredients, most of the time these ingredients are seafood. However if the ingredient
that is wrapped inside a vegetable is dark in color, that is very likely to be a meaty
ingredient. And the ingredients that doesn't comes with vegetable but is dark in color,
that is very likely to be a meaty ingredient too. The rest are mainly seafood ingredients.
And it's time for the interesting part.

Not that the dry version is bad, it's just that I prefer the soup version of the 'Yong
Tau Fu' much much more. Though I have requested for both sweet and spicy sauce to be
added, I'm getting the nice sweet taste, but the sauce ain't spicy enough. But
regardless it's the dry or the soup version, the standards of the ingredients still
remains to be pretty high. In fact, I think I have given all the ingredients that
they are offering over here a good try already. And most of them are pretty tasty. In
fact there were a few occasions where I was picking a bit too much ingredients that it
ended up to be a small hill surrounded with a big pool of tasty soup/sauce. :P

So where can you give this 'Yong Tau Fu' a good try?
The name of this stall would be 'Healthy Choice'.
It's located inside the NUS Frontier Canteen, there's actually one other stall in
the NUS Arts Canteen that I visit quite frequently, but I prefer this one much
much more.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours:
    Weekdays: 07:30 - 16:00
    Saturdays: 07:30 - 15:00
    (Closed on Sundays)
  • The queue over here during the regular lunch hours can be pretty crazy. Therefore, most of the time I would try to avoid the crowd by having a late lunch. :)
* Click here for the location of 'NUS Frontier Canteen' on 'Google Maps'.

No comments:

Post a Comment