Thursday 3 October 2013

In search of the Indian Style Fish Head Curry...

I always thought that it was the Chinese that invented the 'Fish Head Curry', but after reading through numerous articles online, it have proven that I'm wrong. The genius behind the 'Fish Head Curry' idea seems to be an Indian. Therefore, I started doing a search for 'Indian Fish Head Curry' and ...

The both of us ended up having our dinner at this Indian restaurant.

'Vegetarian Biryani'
If I'm not mistaken they are offering a slightly smaller 'Vegetarian
Biryani' set over here. I'm not sure how does the normal 'Vegetarian
Biryani' set over here looks like, but since they are charging us
half the original price of the normal 'Vegetarian Biryani', therefore
the normal 'Vegetarian Biryani' set should be getting a few more
vegetarian side dishes.

As for the set that we are getting that night, it comes with free flow
of side dishes, 'Papadum' and 'Biryani Rice'. Well, I guess the side dishes
over here are subjected to change. For side dishes the other night, we are
getting the crunchy cabbages and nicely marinated potatoes. And the crispy
and not too oily 'Papadum' is a big (+). Even though the 'Biryani Rice'
doesn't comes with a super nice fragrance, but it's acceptable. And the
generous portion of good 'Biryani Rice' and side dishes has already made
my 'Day' or should I say 'Night'. But hey, this isn't the main objective of
this trip. Our main objective of this trip would be the...

'Fish Head Curry'(Large)
This is really a very big pot of 'Fish Head Curry', especially when we are
sharing it among the both of us. Base on my calculations, this is big enough
to be shared among a group of 4. (That is on top of the 'Vegetarian Biryani'
set that you are going to order and have it with the 'Fish Head Curry'.)

Taste wise, the thick gravy is a big (+). It's so delicious and good that I
could easily finish a few plates of 'Biryani Rice', just by covering it with
the gravy. Though it's known as 'Fish Head Curry', it doesn't mean that you
will only be getting a 'Fish Head' in this pot of 'Curry'. It also comes with
vegetables like 'Lady Fingers', 'Brinjal' and not just one but both sides of
the 'Fish Head'. By the way, I don't think that the 'Fish Head Curry' is
fiery enough for me but my friend doesn't seems to agree with me. Fine, I do
agree that I have a much much higher tolerance level of spicy food. Anyway
from the taste of the 'Curry', I think that the chef over here has really
put lots of effort in preparing the dish. For a start, the texture of the
'Fish' and 'vegetables' are not too soft and soggy. On top of the almost
perfect texture, they have managed to mix all the heavenly taste of the 'Fish
Head Curry' into the ingredients nicely too, which is a very very big (+). :D

By the way, they also have this dish known as 'Fish Head Deluxe (XL)'. I tried
placing an order for it, but they don't have it that particular night. If I
really have the time, I would really want to give that a try, since the 'Fish
Head Curry' is already a big and good surprise to me.

'Mutton MySore'
As compared to the delicious 'Fish Head Curry', this might ended up to be a
disappointment. Although the texture of the 'Mutton' isn't too dry but the
odor of the 'Mutton' still remains to be pretty strong. I was hoping that
the spices that they are using could cover the odor of the 'Mutton' but
it's just too bad.

'Masala Tea'
The idea behind this beverage is pretty much similar to the 'Ginger Tea'.
They are adding spices throughout the process of brewing this tea. Therefore,
you will be getting this nice spicy and sweet sensation from the beverage
itself. Not forgetting the nice aroma of the 'Masala Tea' too. :P

So where can you give all these delicious 'Indian Food' a good try?
The name of this restaurant would be "Karu's Indian Banana Leaf Restaurant".
It's located along 'Upper Bukit Timah Road'.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    10:30 - 22:00
    (Closed on Mondays)
* Click here to find out more about "Karu's Indian Banana Leaf Restaurant".
^ Click here for the location of "Karu's Indian Banana Leaf Restaurant" on 'Google Maps'.

No comments:

Post a Comment