Tuesday 8 October 2013

Can Lava Rock?

Since I have went all the way up to Kovan, I was wondering what are the possible dining options around this area. After doing a bit of 'Googling', I decided to give the 'Western Food' over here a try.

'Golden Fried Button Mushrooms'
I knew what I'm going to order as a appetizer when I saw this item appearing on
their menu. The chef have covered all the mushrooms with a layer of bread crumbs,
before he fried them into a deliciously looking golden colour. Even though they
have fried it, but this isn't too oily and they have managed to maintain the
juicy and chewy texture of the mushrooms. If you are into mushrooms you should
give this dish a good try. :D

'Sizzling Hotplate Black Pepper Fish with Mushroom Sauce' set
This set also comes with 2 different side dishes.
My choice of side dishes that day would be ...

'Buttered Rice'
The rice comes with this nice fragrance of butter and it's not too oily. However
if you are ordering this side dish, you would better have it with something that
have gravy. Luckily for myself, I have the mushroom sauce to help me to finish
up the whole bowl of rice.

'Mashed Potatoes'
As for the 'Mashed Potato', it's not very special and I should have given the
other side dishes a try.

Usually I would go for the deep fried fish, but it can ended up to be kinda
boring if you have been eating and trying the same old stuff over and over again.
By the way, when the helper of this stall serves this main dish, I'm still getting
the nice sizzling sound from the hot plate. For a start, the 'Mushroom Sauce' is
sweet and it comes with a nice concentrated taste of 'Mushrooms'. Next, the
texture of the fish isn't too soft and it's moist and juicy inside. However, the
texture of the 'Grilled Fish' isn't as firm as a normal 'Fried Fish'. If you have
squeezed the 'Lemon' over the whole slice of fish, it will enhance the taste of the
'Grilled fish' too. And by having it with a bit of 'Mushroom Sauce', the sauce will
add a nice 'Sweet' touch to the overall dining sensation, which is a big (+). In
fact, the sauce is so sinful and good that I have finished the whole plate of it.
Besides having it with the 'Grilled Fish', I have also eaten it with the vegetables,
the 'Buttered Rice', etc...

So where can you give the nice 'Western Food' a good try?
The name of this stall would be 'LavaRock Grill House'.
It's located in the coffee shop beneath Blk 681 Hougang Ave 8.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours:
    11:00 - 22:00 Daily
* Click here for the location of 'Blk 681 Hougang Ave 8' on 'Google Maps'.

No comments:

Post a Comment