Tuesday 3 September 2013

Though it's known as Rojak, but it works like Satay...

To some extent, this is pretty much a good mixture of both Rojak and Satay. Why do I say so? Well, just by taking a look at the following photo should pretty much explains everything. :)

'Indian Rojak'
Over here, you get to choose your own ingredients and once you are ready,
you will have to pass it over to the uncle standing behind the stall.
While waiting for the food, I was taking a second look at all the different
types of ingredients that they have over here. In fact, most of them look
pretty much the same to me and it's the shape that actually varies and I'm
pretty amazed with the fact that the Uncle can memorise all of them. =.=""

After waiting for a few minutes, I finally found myself sitting in front of
a plate of 'Indian Rojak'. I started poking the ingredients one by one and
dipped it into the nice and warm sauce. Woooo.... Yummy. Although the sauce
is a bit reddish and orangish, but it's not spicy at all. In fact, it's a
nice blend of peanut and several other spices(?). Not only the sauce isn't
too thick, the taste is sweet and the texture is pretty chunky too. Though
some of the ingredients are pretty ordinary, but the sauce itself can boost
the taste of it to a whole new level. :D

To some, eating 'Indian Rojak' would be a very sinful thing to do. This is
mainly due to the fact that the process of preparing the food undergo a lot
of frying, which means a lot of oily and fatty stuff. :P But there are
reason why I love it. First of all, some of the ingredients are crispy
outside and irresistibly crunchy inside. For example, the Potatoes. On
top of some common ingredients that I'm pretty familiar with, I have also
chosen some other ingredients that I have difficulty identifying them.
Therefore it ended up to be an interesting guessing game to me too. Last
but not least, the free cucumbers and green chillies. :P Yeah, I knew that
I'm a cheapo, but not only I like freebies (who doesn't?), I also like the
taste of these vegetables too. :D

So where can you give this a try?
The name of this stall would be 'Adam's Indian Rojak'.
It's located inside 'Adam Road Food Centre'.

Notes:
  • 09:15 - 21:30 Daily
* Click here for the list of delicacies that you can find and get in 'Adam Road Food Centre'. ^ Click here for the location of 'Adam Road Food Centre' on 'Google Maps'.

No comments:

Post a Comment