Thursday 12 September 2013

High quality fish ball

They have more than 20 stalls tucked away in a corner of this market and even though I have already eaten some heavy stuff for dinner, but I saw this interesting Noodles stall and I decided to give it a try.

'Fishball Kway Teow'(Dry)
Initially, I thought that I don't need to wait for a very long time since there
isn't any queue, but I'm very wrong. It seems that everyone will place their
orders with the helpers at this stall and they will wait at their own seats.
Frankly speaking, what attracts me the most would be the fact that you can
request for more Noodles without any extra cost. Therefore I ended up placing an
order for a bowl of 'Fishball Kway Teow'(Dry) with extra portion of 'Kway Teow'.

For the bowl of 'Kway Teow', it might appear to be flooded with lots of sauces
and ingredients like 'beansprouts', 'Spring Onions' and 'Pork Lard'. But after
some intensive stirring, I managed to stir and mix everything together nicely.
When I started taking a bite from this bowl of 'Kway Teow', it's not as soggy
as how I have pictured it. In fact, the way they have seasoned this bowl of
'Kway Teow' has managed to boost it to a pretty delicious level. There's the
crunchy 'Beansprouts' + 'Pork Lard' and the tasty 'Kway Teow'. :D

Initially, I have actually placed an order for a bowl of 'Fishball Kway Teow',
but the helpers of this stall told me that they have insufficient number of
'Fishballs' left, therefore they were asking if I'm fine with the idea of
swapping some of the 'Fishballs' with 'Meatballs'. Well, I ended up accepting
the offer and after trying one of the 'Fishballs', I finally understand why
they have the problem of insufficient 'Fishballs'. Not only the 'Fishballs'
over here are bouncy and chewy, the 'Fishballs' are loaded with lots of fresh
fish meat too. In fact, when I was splitting one of the 'Fishballs' into 2
inside my mouth, both portions are bouncing inside my mouth for a short period
of time. I'm not exaggerating, but the 'Fishball' over here are really that
good. As for the soup itself, it comes with a nice non-pepperish, non watery
taste, which makes it pretty enjoyable too.

So where can you give the fish ball noodles a try?
The name of this stall would be 'Xiang Xiang'(香香).
It's located inside 'Chong Pang Market & Food Centre'.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours:
    Tuesdays - Sundays: 06:00 - 18:00
    (Closed on Mondays)
^ Click here for the list of delicacies that you can find and get in
  'Chong Pang Market & Food Centre'.
* Click here for the location of 'Chong Pang Market & Food Centre' on 'Google Maps'.

No comments:

Post a Comment