Wednesday 7 August 2013

The Happy Chef...

Before moving on to the main topic of this post, I would like to touch on the topic why I love to eat and write about delicious food that one can get in a Hawker Centre. Even though the place isn't air conditioned but it's one of the best places to find cheap and delicious food. On top of that, I'm kinda skeptical with the idea of paying extra charges for service charge, etc... Therefore as I dine out more and more, I also get to appreciate Hawker food even much much more. Therefore...

'Fish Schnitzel' with 2 side dishes
'Mashed Potatoes' and 'French Fries'
For a start, the texture of the 'Mashed Potatoes' are just right. It's neither
too watery nor too dry. In fact, when I scoop a bit of it into my mouth, hmmm...
the overall taste of this works as a great appetizer/starter,

French Fries wise, as long as it's crunchy and not too salty, I wouldn't complain
much about it. (Although I'm not so much into 'French Fries' but I'm pretty much into
finger food. It might sound kinda strange, but that's the way my stomach works.) (:P)

As for the fish itself, the texture is pretty crispy. Even though the texture is
pretty crispy, it doesn't have this disgusting oily feeling at all. As for the
of the fish, the taste of it is pretty fresh and the overall texture of it is
just right. As I dip a small slice of 'Fish Schnitzel' into the small plate of
mayonnaise and throw it inside my mouth, even though the taste of both the
mayo and fish meat are blending together nicely and it's giving this sweet
delicious taste, but I still think that 'Tartar sauce' can fit it much more better.

By the way, rather than serving the same sides dishes to everyone, you are
given the choice to choose your own side dishes over here. Isn't that nice? :D

So where can you give the delicious western food a try?
The name of this stall would be 'Happy Chef Western Food'(快乐厨西餐).
It's located beneath one of the HDB blocks along 'Crawford Lane'.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    1100 - 2200 Daily
* Click here for the location of 'Naomi Kitchen' on 'Google Maps'.
^ Click here for the list of delicacies that you can find & get near 'Crawford Lane'.

No comments:

Post a Comment