Tuesday 16 July 2013

Not the 18 Bronze Men of Shaolin but...

a restaurant that has something to do with the numerical number 18. It's specializing in preparing and serving various types of western food, fusion food (a mixture of local delights and western food), finger food and not forgetting beautiful desserts.

Anyway, after giving the menu a third look, I have finally decided what I'm going
to try over here. I have ended up placing an order for a main course and top up a
bit more for the Combo 'C' and a beautiful dessert. And here's one of the item
that comes with the Combo 'C'.

A bottle of 'Ice Lemon Tea'
The taste of it is graciously sweet and it have definitely come with a pretty
strong taste of Lemon, which makes it one of the best beverages for a hot and
humid day.

'Garlic Bread'
The 'Garlic Bread' that comes with Combo 'C' isn't interesting enough. Even though
a thick layer of garlic spread have been applied onto the bread, but the taste
of garlic isn't thick enough for my liking.

'Soup of the Day'
The taste of the soup is pretty normal, but nevertheless this still make the
whole Combo 'C' pretty worthwhile.

'D.I.Y Baked Rice'
As for my main course, I have decided to 'D.I.Y' my own baked rice. I'm not
really sure how many eateries in Singapore do actually allow you to do this
but by creating your own unique type of baked rice can be pretty fun too.
Here's what I have created that day.

'Double Cheese Baked Rice with Spicy Garlic Sauce and Chicken Sausages'
Despite of the small portion of baked rice and the portion of sausages that I'm
getting, the taste of the mixture of half melted cheese, spicy garlic sauce and
chicken sausages ended up to be surprisingly good. I love the way they have
prepared this dish. After scooping out a bit of baked rice and a bit of cheese
into my mouth, the cheese itself isn't too sticky and the nicely done baked
rice is a plus. On top of that, since I have ordered the Spicy Garlic Sauce,
which also comes with sliced chilli padi, it have definitely made the overall
taste of this main course into something much more spicy, which I ended up
loving it pretty much. :D (Too bad the portion of this is slightly a bit too
small for big eaters like me. :( )

'Peach in a Jar'
This dessert jar comes with 4 scoops of ice cream, a few slices of peach,
almonds flakes and raspberry jam. Since the peach have completely covered
the opening of the jar, I decided to finish the slices of peach first, which
is a big mistake... The mixture of the strawberry and vanilla ice cream topped
with the almond flakes are pretty nice. However when I scooped a bit of ice
cream and jam into into my mouth, that's why the mistake steps in. The taste
of the jam is too sweet. I should have taken it with some of the peach slices.
In order not to waste food, my last few bites from the jar were crazily too
sweet for me, but for the sake of the beautiful and tasty dessert, I know what
I will be doing the next time round. :D

So where could you give all the nice food a try?
The name of this restaurant would be 'Eighteen Chef'.
They currently have a few outlets island-wide and the photo in the above
shows the outlet located in 'Tiong Bahru Plaza'.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    11:30 - 22:00 Daily
    (Last order at 21:30)
  • Pretty much similar to 'Wow Wow West' located in 'Bukit Merah View Market and Food Centre', the owner of the restaurant has been hiring ex-convicts as his workers. He's basically giving them a second chance and by offering them a job, it have definitely help them to pick up a useful skill set and at the same time help them to earn a living.

* Click here to find out more about 'Eighteen Chefs'.
^ Click here for the 'Facebook' page of 'Eighteen Chefs'.

No comments:

Post a Comment