Thursday 20 June 2013

Handmade fish balls @ Lorong 8

I think this was my third or fourth disappointed trip to 'Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Market and Food Centre'. I wanted to try the 'Fried Kway Teow' over here and it seems that I simply have no luck in eating it. Rather than wasting this trip, I decided to look around and give some other stalls a try.

'Minced Meat Noodles'
I think that the speciality of this stall would be the fishballs and meatballs. These
balls are handmade and they are pretty bouncy and the texture of the fishballs and
meatballs are pretty chewy. On top of that, the taste of the fishballs and meatballs
are pretty fresh. However, the only drawback of these balls would be the shape of it.
Rather than being round, they look kinda irregular in shape. Although the bowl of
noodles are pretty tasty too, but as compared to the balls, the balls were leaving
a much more stronger impression in my mind.

Basically, if you are getting sick and tired with all the common ingredients of the
'Fishball Noodles' or 'Minced Meat Noodles', pretty much similar to a 'Yong Tau Hu'
stall, you can D.I.Y your own bowl of noodles over here too. (Even though most of
the ingredients that you can choose from were mainly fried ingredients, but hey it
still makes it pretty special as compared to the normal stalls.)

So where can you give the noodles a try?
The name of this stall would be 'Handmade Fishball Noodle'(八巷手工鱼圆面).
It's located inside 'Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Market and Food Centre'.

Notes:
  • I'm not really sure what are the opening hours of this stall. Please drop me a message if you happen to know the opening hours of this stall. Thanks for helping. :D
* Click here for the location of 'Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Market and Food Centre' on
  Google Maps.
~ Click here for the list of delicacies that can be found in
  'Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Market and Food Centre'.

No comments:

Post a Comment