Friday 3 May 2013

Sausage Fest...?

Hey, I do know that the title of this post looks and sounds so wrong but in order to make things much more interesting, I still think that this is the most appropriate title to describe this post. Anyway it has been a month since our first encounter with the 'Spanish Suckling Pig' and it was a pleasant experience. As for this month, we decided to try something special again and that would be...

'Brotzeit® Platter'
Basically this platter comes with 5 different types of Sausages, a humongous
'Pork Knuckle', few slices of 'Pork Schnitzel' and 2 different side dish, we
ended up selecting both the 'Napkin Dumpling' and the 'Mashed Potatoes'. Although
the menu has stated that this Platter was meant for a group of 4 or 5, but in
fact, 2 of us managed to finish the whole platter. However, as I step out of the
restaurant, I think that my stomach look like a solid D-shape.
So what bring us here?

'Pork Knuckle'
Well, basically this would be the main reason why we were dining at this
restaurant. Since some of us haven't tried a 'Pork Knuckle' before, we decided
to give it a try over there. Initially, I was using the fork and knife to cut a
few pieces of meat off the 'Pork Knuckle', but after spending half an hour cutting
slices of meat off the 'Pork Knuckle', I decided to use my bare hands to tear all
the meat apart. Although the 'Pork Knuckle' were fully cooked but the crispy skin
and the meat of the 'Pork Knuckle' were so hard that the utensils aren't strong and
sharp enough to cut up all the meat into pieces. As for the taste, I think that
it's pretty normal and to some extent, I think that the 'Pork Knuckle' was
overcooked. I think that it would taste much more better, if the skin of the 'Pork
Knuckle' still remains to be pretty crispy and the meat were much more tender and
not so tough.

'Variety of Sausages'
Basically it's a mixture of spicy chicken sausages, nürnberger sausages, pork
cheese sausages, weisswurst sausages and garlic pork sausages. Basically I can't
recall which is which, but one particular thing that I can guarantee you would
be the overall taste and the texture were unbelievably good. The bouncy, tightly
bound texture of the sausages were mouth-watering. Seriously, I find the sausages
far more impressive than the 'Pork Knuckle'.

'Pork Schnitzel'
This is pretty much similar to the 'Pork Chop' that you are getting from a local
western food stall. Basically, I find it a bit too ordinary. Probably it's due to
the fact that the dishes that was given in this platter were far too meaty and the
sausages were leaving a crazily good impression in my mind, therefore that might
be the main reason why I find the taste and the texture of the 'Pork Schnitzel'
pretty ordinary.

So where can you give all the delicious looking sausages a try?
The name of this restaurant would be 'Brotzeit®'.
They have a few outlets island wide and the photo above shows the outlet located
inside 'VivoCity'.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    Sundays - Thursdays: 12noon - 12am
    Fridays - Saturdays: 12noon - 1am
  • The crowd during the weekends can be pretty nasty, therefore I would highly encourage you to make a reservation upfront. :D
* Click here to find out more about 'Brotzeit® German Bier Bar and Restaurant'.
^ Click here to find out more about 'VivoCity'.

No comments:

Post a Comment