Wednesday 15 May 2013

Prata in the North

Since I have the time and I suddenly have the urge for some Indian food, therefore I decided to travel a bit more and move all the way to the North. (Although, 'Little India' is probably half an hour distance away, but visiting 'Little India' on Friday night all the way to Sunday night is kinda crazy.)

'Chicken Biryani'
Although this isn't 'Dum Biryani', but the taste and the fragrance of the Biryani rice is
pretty nice. On top of that probably I haven't been eating spicy Indian food for a very
long time, but I find the taste of the Curry to be pretty spicy and the texture of the
curry to be pretty thick. As for the vegetables, there's merely a bit of 'Achar' but it's
better than nothing. Best of all, the amount of Curry Chicken that was added into the
plate of Curry is pretty generous and pretty delicious. Although I don't that they are
providing free flow of Biryani rice over here, but for the price that I'm paying, I think
that it's pretty reasonable.

'Chilli Prata' and 'Plain Prata'
So what is a 'Chilli Prata'?
It's basically a normal Prate but the chef has added green chillies into the Prata
to spice up the overall taste of it.

The taste of the Pratas over here isn't something that is ultra special, but it has
it's good points too. For a start, the Pratas over here are not too oily and the
texture of the Pratas are pretty thin and crispy. However, I think that the Curry
that they have provided doesn't quite fit in. I think that the Curry that they
have provided in the 'Chicken Biryani' was much more better.

'Mutton Murtabak'
The taste of the 'Mutton Murtabak' comes with a relatively strong taste and fragrance
of mutton meat. Besides of mutton meat, the fillings also include ingredients like
onions and various types of spices. However, I personally find the fillings inside
the Murtabak to be a little bit too little. Even though the fillings have covered
every single corner of the Murtabak, but it will be great if they can increase
the amount of fillings inside the Murtabak by a few more times.

So where can you give all these delicious Indian food a try?
The name of this Indian restaurant would be 'Casuarina Curry'.
The main branch is located along 'Casuarina Road', which is pretty near
'Upper Thomson Road'. And there's another branch located along 'Macpherson Road'.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    7am - 12midnight Daily
  • Joke of the day:
    After placing all my orders for all the food listed in this post, the eyes of the waiter were popping out. The eyes were popping out even much more further when I told him that I'm having my dinner alone. The friendly waiter suggested that he will bring me all the Pratas and the 'Chicken Biryani' first. He will only be serving the 'Mutton Murtabak', when I can finish all the food. In other words, I think that to a certain extent, my crazy appetite can really amaze/scare the shit out of most people out there.

* Click here to find out more about 'Casuarina Curry' restaurant.
^ Click here for the location of 'Casuarina Curry' restaurant on Google Maps.
~ Click here for the list of delicacies located near 'Upper Thomson Road'.

No comments:

Post a Comment