Thursday 23 May 2013

Eating the Wild Animals...

It seems that ever since my last trip to Japan earlier this year, I haven't been going around Singapore giving all the local delicacies a good try. Therefore since I have the time the other day, I decided to have some soup for lunch. Although it's merely soup, but it can be pretty interesting too.

'Turtle Soup' with rice
For a start, the soup itself comes with a pretty strong herbal taste and I'm
pretty impress with the amount of work that is required in preparing this soup.
The taste of the soup is pretty thick and strong. Despite of the size of the
bowl, it have definitely warm me up, which makes this a pretty good alternative
when it is a crazily cold day. However, if you try to have this on a pretty hot
day, you might be getting unnecessary nose bleed. (If the stall owner has given
a bigger portion of soup that day, I think that I might be nose bleed non-stop.)

As for the turtle meat itself, there's a mixture of turtle meat and turtle skin.
For the turtle skin, the texture are pretty much similar to a jelly but it's
slightly a bit more harder and at the same time much more chewy too. As for the
meat itself, it's pretty much similar to a herbal chicken, however, the chewy
touch of the meat itself reminds me of pork.

Anyway, looks like I have found myself a pretty good alternative for a crazily
cold day. (:D)

Menu of the stall.
Besides for the Turtle Soup, this stall also prepares crocodile soup,
chicken soup, duck soup, frog soup, pork ribs soup, etc...

The name of this stall would be 'Fu He Turtle Soup'(福和山瑞).
It's located on level 2 of 'Berseh Food Centre',
which is located along 'Jalan Besar Road'.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours:
    11am - 9pm Daily
    (Closed on Tuesdays)
* Click here for the location of 'Berseh Food Centre' on Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment