Wednesday 22 May 2013

Creativity starts from a waffle...

I have come across this interesting 'mini cafe' when we were on our way to one of the best cinema in Singapore a few weeks back. Based on my personal experiences, I still find 'The Cathay' to be one of the best cinemas in Singapore. Anyway, since I was passing by the cinema the other day, I decided to give the food over here a try. Therefore...

Waffle set - 'Sinfully Chocolate'
For a waffle set, you get to select either a
'Savory' waffle or a 'Sweet' waffle and a beverage.

So what's a 'Savory' waffle?
Basically it's a normal waffle that comes
with meaty ingredients such as hotdog, Ham, etc...

And what's a 'Sweet' waffle?
It's a normal waffle that comes with fruits.
It can be either banana, strawberry, blueberry, etc...

Basically, I ended up choosing a 'Sweet' waffle known as 'Sinfully Chocolate'.
They chef has sliced up the waffle into 4 pieces and 3 of them are covered with
chocolate flakes, which is 'Koko Krunch', pieces of chocolate and also chocolate
sauce. The texture of the waffle is pretty nice, which is crispy on the outside
and moist on the inside. I started slicing up the waffle into smaller pieces
and threw it into my mouth. I love the crunchy sensation of the chocolate flakes
and I personally find the chocolate taste slightly a bit too strong for me. For
chocolate lovers, you should really give this waffle a try. The strawberry yogurt
ice cream, which is place on top on the last piece of waffle is pretty good too.
Since it's a type of yogurt ice cream, the texture is usually much more softer and
it's pretty much similar to small pieces of fine ice. I was simply slicing up the
last piece of waffle and have it with a bit of ice cream and a bit of chocolate
sauce. The sweet sensation was pretty nice and this is an indulging way of killing
off all the crazy heat.

'Peach Roselle Tea Sangria'
I have selected this beverage to quench my thirst. Basically the texture of
this beverage is pretty much similar to a ice blended fruit juice. However
the texture of the one over here is much more thicker and the taste of the
fruits are much more stronger, which is a nice alternative on a crazy hot day.

So where can you give all these waffles a try?
The name of this cafe would be 'Createaf Waffles'.
It's located on level 1 of 'The Cathay'.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    Sundays - Thursdays: 12noon - 10pm
    Fridays & Saturdays : 12noon - 12am

* Click here for the Facebook Page of 'Createaf Waffles'.
^ Click here to find out more about 'The Cathay'.

No comments:

Post a Comment