Tuesday 9 April 2013

Although it's supposed to be white but it's looks bright and sunny

Since I haven't been making a trip to this food centre for a very long period of time, I decided to pay a visit and check out what's nice over there.

'White Carrot Cake'
I saw a long queue of people queueing up for the 'Carrot Cake' over
here, so I decided to give it a try too. I'm glad that I did give
this a try. Why? Because this is one of the stalls that really serve
good 'Carrot Cakes'. So what's so great about this ordinary looking
plate of 'White Carrot Cake'?

First of all, just by taking a glance at the photo that I have shown
here, this plate of 'White Carrot Cake' looks pretty attractive. In
fact, it looks kinda bright and sunny, which really turn my appetite
on. Secondly, I'm not really sure how the stall owner can manage to
do it, but the portion that they are preparing and serving over here
are very very generous. Imagine this, I only had the smallest plate
of 'White Carrot Cake' that they are offering over here and after
spending a bit of time finishing it, my stomach was so full that I
didn't have the extra space to go for a second or third serving of
food. Third but not least, the nice aroma and the taste is pretty
delicious. Almost each and every piece of the soft 'Carrot Cake'
comes with a crispy texture. :D On top of that, the amount of egg and
preserved radish added were pretty generous too. Almost every mouthful
will come with a mixture of a piece of 'Carrot Cake', a bit of chilli
fried egg and preserved radish. As you started chewing, the mixture of
different tastes will blend together nicely and the preserved radish
will also add a bit of crunchiness to the overall dining experience. :P

So where can you give this dish a try?
The name of this stall would be 'Yuan Ji Fried Carrot Cake'(源记正宗菜头粿).
It's located inside 'Albert Centre Market And Food Centre',
which is located near 'Bugis Village'.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    I'm not really sure but I'm pretty sure that they are opened during weekends from 4pm - 9pm.
  • By the way, the chilli that the stall is providing isn't too spicy, but it does blend nicely into the 'Carrot Cake' very well. :P
* Click here for the location of 'Albert Centre Food Centre'.
^ Click here for the list of delicacies that can be found in 'Albert Centre Market And Food
  Centre'.

No comments:

Post a Comment