Tuesday 26 March 2013

Is this the fastest Hokkien Mee Uncle around?

I think recently I have been spending too much time travelling to different places trying out all sorts of food. Therefore the amount of photos of good food are accumulating rapidly and by looking at the speed that I'm blogging about food. How I wish that I could blog...

'Hokkien Mee'
as fast as the 'Hokkien Mee' Uncle of this stall. The uncle was boasting
that he can cook 40 plates of 'Hokkien Mee' within 30 minutes. For one
moment he was picking and preparing the ingredients that are needed in
preparing and cooking a plate of 'Hokkien Mee' and in less than 2 minutes,
'Voila', a plate of cooked 'Hokkien Mee' had appeared in front of me.
Seriously, I wouldn't doubt his record of cooking and preparing 40 plates
of 'Hokkien Mee' within 30 minutes when he's much more younger.
By the way, fast doesn't mean that the food isn't fully cooked. I can
ensure you that the food is cooked and served properly.

As for the 'Hokkien Mee' itself, it's relatively cheap. It's probably one
of the cheapest plate of 'Hokkien Mee' that I have ever seen. For a price
of S$3, you are getting lots of ingredients. Though the overall taste of
the 'Hokkien Mee' is pretty normal, but looking at the amount of waiting
time needed and price that you are paying, this is definitely worth trying.
By the way, though the sambal chilli isn't spicy enough, but somehow, I
think that both the taste of the sambal chilli and the 'Hokkien Mee' blend
together nicely, which is another (+).

The name of this stall would be 'Cheng Ji Chao Xia Mian Hao Jian'(成記炒蝦麵蠔煎).
It's located inside 'Seah Im Food Centre', which is located near
'Harbourfront' MRT Station and opposite 'Vivo City'.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    9am - 9pm (Daily)
* Click here for the map of 'Seah Im Food Centre' on Google Maps.
^ Click here for the list of delicacies that is located inside 'Seah Im Food Centre'.

No comments:

Post a Comment