Tuesday 27 November 2012

Smells good but ...

I don't really know how to appreciate a good cup of coffee. To some, coffee would be the option to keep them awake but as for myself, it's the other way round. Coffee makes me sleepy. :P Anyway...


A cup of 'Kopi'(Coffee in Malay)
I have to admit that this cup of coffee smells pretty good. It have
given me the nostalgic moments. It reminds me of the good old days
where packets of coffee were served in small metal tin cans. The
taste, the good old memories would be something that one could never
forget. As and when you started drinking, the taste of it isn't as
bad as I thought. Probably because I have gone for the normal coffee
that comes with milk, therefore it's not too bitter. (In fact, if
I'm not mistaken, they have added 2 different types of milk into the
small little cup of coffee. Probably that's their secret to the nice
fragrance and the good taste?)


'Kaya Bread'
Though the way they have prepare it were pretty much the same as
the other places out there, but they are not adding thin slices
of butter into the 'Kaya Bread'. Though the idea of adding a thin
slice of butter into the 'Kaya Bread' is pretty convenient, but if
you don't have a big mouth as I do, you will realise that the butter
isn't evenly spread. This would be a reason that the older 'Kaya Bread'
are much better. Though the making and preparing process might be
longer, but the butter and 'Kaya' were evenly spread. :D

So why can you try this?

The name of this place would be 'Nanyang Old Coffee'(南洋老咖啡).
They have a few outlets island-wide. What I have shown here
would be the branch located in 'Chinatown MRT'.

Notes:
  • I'm not sure about all the outlets, but the outlets located around 'Chinatown' area closes at around 6pm. They sure do close pretty early. But come to think of it, 'Kaya Bread' and 'Coffee' are much more suitable to be taken for 'Breakfast' or 'Lunch' and not 'Dinner'. :D
* Click here to find out more about 'Nanyang Old Coffee'(南洋老咖啡).
^ Click here for the location of 'Nanyang Old Coffee'(南洋老咖啡)
  located along 'South Bridge Road' on 'Google Maps'.
~ Click here for the list of delicacies along 'South Bridge Road'.

No comments:

Post a Comment