Thursday 4 October 2012

I like it Spicy... XD

In fact this isn't a continuation to the previous post. This is in fact something that had happened while I was waiting for my Claypot Rice. By the way, let's do a bit of recap. In my previous post, I had mentioned that one would need to wait for 45 minutes to an hour for a pot of Claypot Rice during peak hours. Upon knowing that, do you think that I would just sit back quietly and do nothing? Of course not!!! Therefore...


'Sambal Stingray'
It's time for some "Sambal Stingray" that was recommended by my Kakis.
I was searching high and low for this particular stall that day. I ended
up spending more than 15 minutes trying to find this particular stall
that was tucked in a corner of the Food Centre. And since it was located
next to the infamous Claypot Rice stall, I decided to go for both items.
By looking at some of my previous posts, one can easily identify the fact
that when it comes to seafood, I would strongly encourage one particular
cooking style, which is the 'Sambal Chilli' style. Whahahahahaha~~~~

As for this case, the 'Sambal Chilli' smells good, and at the same time the
taste were crazily spicy and yummy. The fresh Stingray that comes with it
blends in pretty well, it's so good that the chilli taste has been absorbed
into the meat too. I just can't resist the fiery taste. :P In fact I ended
up finishing all the meat of the Stingray within minutes and then I move
on breaking, biting and eating all the bones of the Stingray, since I don't
want to waste all the good Sambal. After spending like another 5-10 minutes
chewing up all the bones, I started scooping all the Sambal chilli and put
it into my mouth immediately. :D Aaaaah~~~~~ how much time is needed to
master such amazingly wonderful culinary skills. (After giving this dish a
try, I finally understand why my Kaki's are regular customers of this stall.)

So where can you try this dish?

The name of this stall would be 'Chang Ji Cooked Food'(昌记熟食).
It's located inside 'Chinatown Complex Food Centre'.

Notes:
    Operating Hours: 5pm - 11:30pm (Closed on Tuesday)
* Click here for the location of 'Chinatown Complex Food Centre' on Google Maps.
^ Click here for some other delicacies that can be found in 'Chinatown Complex Food Centre'.

No comments:

Post a Comment