Friday 19 October 2012

A meal for the hungry me.

Since I'm staying near Chinatown area, I tend to give some of the restaurants over there once in a while. As for the other day, I decided to give this restaurant a try.


Okay that would be my dinner for that day.
Though I wanted to try the set meals that they are offering, but I
ended up placing an order for one of the set meal, a bowl of Noodles,
a basket of 'Dumplings' and a mug? of Chinese Tea.


Mug of Chinese Tea
I guess that they are pretty used with customers going there for beer,
therefore that was the main reason for the mug... Either ways, the tea
isn't something special, but It's the mug that adds a pinch of laughter. XD


'Soup Dumplings'(小籠包)
Though the skin is pretty soft, but it's slightly a bit too thick.
Therefore this has reduce the amount of ingredients that can be stuffed
into the 'Soup Dumplings', which also cause the taste to be pretty 'normal'.


'Lemon Chicken Set Meal'(Left)
First of all, I think that the set meal that they are offering over
here are considerably good. It comes with a plate of fried vegetables,
a small portion of pickles and a main dish. The stir fried vegetables
are simply too plain to me. It will taste even better if they can
add a bit more oyster sauce. :P As for the main dish, 'Lemon Chicken',
it's basically a plate of fried chicken and a plate of lemon sauce.
Not sure why they have chosen the step of separating the sauce and
the meat, but the fried chicken is pretty crispy and the lemon sauce
is pretty thick. Though the overall taste of the lemon chicken is
good but I think that it could taste even much more better if they
have mixed the chicken and the lemon sauce up front.

'Zha Jiang Mian'(炸酱面)(right)
In fact, I personally felt that I have ordered too much food that
night. Just the set meal alone was fulling enough, but since I have
ordered this, I should try my best in finishing everything. After
having my first bite, the taste of the 'Zha Jiang Mian' was amazingly
good. The amount of meaty sauce that was poured into the bowl were
pretty okay. Though it's slightly a bit salty, but the portion of
sauce that were given isn't too much nor too little, just the correct
amount of sauce. :D As I continued to savour the noodles, the cooling
sensation of the cucumber would be something that couldn't be missed.
In fact it's the delicious taste that was combined from the noodles
and the rest of the ingredients that keeps me going on and on till the
very last drop of the sauce. :P

So where can you give all the food listed in the above a try?

The name of this Chinese restaurant would be 'Zhong Hua Qing Zhong Guo
Cai Guan'(中華情中國菜館). It's located along 'New Bridge Road'.

* Click here for the location of 'Zhong Hua Qing Zhong Guo Cai Guan'(中華情中國菜館).
^ Click here for the list of delicacy located along 'New Bridge Road'.

No comments:

Post a Comment