Thursday 27 September 2012

Everyone loves Seafood. :D

Noodles isn't everything in my life. From time to time, I have been giving some other options a try too. For example, porridge, desserts, japanese food, etc. Since I'm lazing around the other day, I decided to give a seafood place a try. I'm pretty lucky to find myself a few kaki's and off we go. :D


'Sambal Kang Kong'
I'm not sure how the others felt, but I think that the 'Kang Kong'
is slightly a bit overcooked. Though the sambal chilli taste pretty
okay, but the 'Kang Kong' have been fried for too long. Therefore the
crunchy texture is gone. If only...


'Prawn Omelette'?
If I'm not mistaken this is a 'Prawn Omelette'. (I think my memory
is failing me... =="") Either ways probably we have ordered quite a
few spicy dishes that night therefore the 'Omelette' appears to be
pretty boring... :P


'Spicy Mussels with Peanuts'
When it comes to seafood in Singapore, the most infamous way of preparing
it would be 'Stir Fried with Sambal Chilli'. Same goes for this dish, except
for the fact that the chef have added peanuts to it, which makes it pretty
interesting. I love the idea of adding peanuts to the sauce. It blends
pretty well with a bowl of white rice and the mussels. XD Though the taste
of this dish is pretty good, but there are a few pieces of mussels that
aren't that fresh. :(


'Sambal Sotong'
Based on my own opinion, I guess that this is the best dish of that night.
The 'Sotong' are pretty chewy and the chilli have blend with the taste of
the 'Sotong' completely. Just by ordering this dish alone, I think I can
emptied more than 3 bowls of rice already. :P


'Sambal Stringray'
If I'm not mistaken, this was supposed to be the speciality of this place,
however it doesn't seems to fit in to the word 'speciality'. Firstly, the
amount of meat that was given aren't satisfying, definitely not big enough
to be shared by the group of us. Secondly, the chilli isn't spicy enough and
the chilli doesn't really blend in too well. Last but not least, the taste is
pretty normal. (In fact, my kaki's have recommended another place to get
a better 'Sambal Stringray' and I will blog about it pretty soon. :D)

So where can you try all these seafood dishes?

The name of the stall would be 'Hua Kee'(和记).
It's located inside 'Pasir Panjang Food Centre'.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours: 4:30pm - 3am (Closed on Tuesday)

* Click here for the location of 'Pasir Panjang Food Centre' on Google Maps.
^ Click here for some other delicacies that can be found in 'Pasir Panjang Food Centre'.

No comments:

Post a Comment