Tuesday 25 September 2012

Can Noodles become a Star?

I'm meeting my friend for dinner the other day and we decided to give something new a try. Therefore we decided to give this noodle place a try.


'Eight Treasure Tea'(八寳茶)
Through the taste of this tea, I knew that this is definitely
'Eight Treasure Tea'. However, the taste of the tea are slightly a bit
bit too diluted. Probably this isn't one of their speciality, I think.

'La Mian in Spicy Seafood Soup'(辣汤海鲜拉面)
Hmmmm... after giving the 'Eight Treasure Tea' a try, I have pretty
low expectations for the 'La Mian'. However, the noodles are far beyond
my expectations. It was in fact pretty delicious. First of all, though
it's suppose to be 'Spicy Seafood Soup', but the soup isn't too spicy
and yet the seafood taste were pretty strong. To some extent, the taste
of it reminds me of 'Tom Yam' soup. Secondly, the noodles are hand made
and I loved hand made noodles. Based on my own opinion, the had made
noodles are much more springy, fresher and much more delicious. XD
Last but not least, all the ingredients blend together nicely and I
definitely wouldn't mind coming back for another round of noodles again.


'Pan-Fried Pork Dumpling'(上海锅贴)
Hmmmm... In comparison with the noodles, I think that the Dim Sum
over here are pretty dull. Though the taste isn't that bad, but the
taste of the Dim Sum isn't too good either. It's just pretty normal.


'Steamed Juicy Meat Dumpling (Xiao Long Bao)'(小笼汤包)
The same goes for the 'Xiao Long Bao'. I think the skin of the
'Xiao Long Bao' are slightly a bit too rough and thick, which kinda
turn me off. ==""

So where can you give the noodles a try?

The name of the place would be 'Noodle Star'.
They currently have a few branches island wide and the branch that
I have shown here would be the one located along 'Victoria Street',
which is located near 'Bugis Village'.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours: 11:30am - 11pm
* Click here to find out more about 'Noodle Star'.
^ Click here for the location of the 'Victoria Street' branch on Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment