Thursday 23 August 2012

The best moment for eating...

So what's the best moment to eat traditional pastries? It seems that if you ask a group of people the same question, no two answers would be the same. As for myself, I can go for a meal or two regardless of the timing and speaking of the term 'the best moment' reminds me of...


the pastries from this shop known as 'Leung Sang Hong Kong Pastries'(良辰美点).
If I'm not mistaken, the main branch of the shop is located at 'Sago Street',
which is located near the 'Buddha Tooth Relic Temple' opposite 'Maxwell Market'.

By the way, if you have replace the Chinese character '点' with another Chinese
character '景', the name of the shop will become '良辰美景', which means 'the best
moment' in Chinese. :D

So what are they selling over there?

This shop is famous in making various types of pineapple bun, more commonly
known as '菠蘿包'. Besides for the original pineapple bun, they also specializes
in making pineapple bun with fillings inside. For example: Butter Cream,
'Char Siew' meat, curry chicken, etc...

I was passing by the place the other night and it seems that there isn't
a lot of choices left. I decided to go with the egg tart. The filling of
the egg tart is pretty soft and nice. As for the crust surrounding the
filling isn't too hard nor too soft, which makes the egg tart even much
more nicer. :D (I kinda miss the days getting a box of traditional pastries
from this shop and share them with my colleagues or finishing all of them
while I slowly stroll home... :P)

Notes:
  • If I'm not mistaken, the operating hours used to be 12noon to 7pm, but I was passing by the shop the other day and it seems that they have extended their operating hours to 8 or 9 pm.
  • If you want to try most of the pastries at one go, try to pay them a visit during or after lunch hours. :D
* Click here for the location of the shop 'Leung Sang Hong Kong Pastries'(良辰美点) on
  Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment