Thursday 9 August 2012

Nothing to do with Justice Bao... :P

With the weather getting hotter and hotter as time goes by, I feel like going out, or going to work without putting a shirt or T-shirt on... :P But in order not to be caught for harassment, I have to focus on ice cold desserts...


'Chendol'
I was keeping a lookout for ice cold desserts in this market and
it seems that this is the only stall selling desserts at night.
Therefore, I decided to give it a try. While queueing up for the
desserts, I was pretty entertained by the disco music and the
old old videos that they are playing on the TV monitor.
Out of 20 over items, I decided to go with 'Chendol'.

Although the taste is pretty normal, but looking at the
price that I'm paying for it and the portion that was given,
I guess that I shouldn't be complaining at all. :P
(I was paying S$1.20 for the 'Chendol' that day.)


'Honeydew Sago'
First impression of a dessert can be pretty important and
this is beautifully colourful. Anyway there's a chinese
saying 'Yi Fen Qian Yi Fen Huo'(一分钱一分货). Literally means
that for every single cent you pay, you will be getting the
goods of a equivalent value. But at this place, you will be
paying a relatively low price for a relatively good dessert.
I kinda miss the days where honeydew and 'Honeydew Sago' plays
a pretty big role in my life. :P


'Red Bean Soup'
This isn't that bad. Though 'Red Bean Soup' was the kind of
desserts that requires long hours of boiling, but that doesn't
make the 'Red Bean' too soft and a bit of chewing are required in
breaking them into smaller pieces, before you digest them.
Besides for the texture of the 'Red Beans', the taste is pretty
good too. It has been a pretty long time since my last attempt
with 'Red Bean Soup' that tasted so good. :D

So where can you try this dessert?

The name of the stall would be 'Qing Tian Cold & Hot Desserts'(青天冷热甜品).
It's located inside 'Redhill Market'.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours: 3pm - 11pm
  • (Closed on Monday and Tuesday)

* Click here for the location of 'Redhill Market' on Google Maps.
^ Click here for some other delicacies that can be found in 'Redhill Market'.

No comments:

Post a Comment