Thursday 21 June 2012

4 eating or for washing your face?

I suppose most of the locals have eaten 'Yong Tau Foo' in Singapore before. It's basically a store that gives you the option to choose the ingredients that you would either have in a bowl of soup or have it in a dry manner and add ketchup/chilli sauce into the bowl of ingredients. Besides for the bowl of ingredients, you will also be given the choice of having it with a bowl of rice/noodles/rice vermicelli. But you can also choose to have the noodles of rice vermicelli to be added into the bowl of ingredients and mix them together. Either ways, time to move on to the next step...

Biggest 'Yong Tau Foo' bowl in Singapore
I was browsing through the web and some of my friends were posting
photos of this place and since it's located near my current workplace
and my house, I decided to give this place a try.

The time is 8:30pm and the stall doesn't seems to be open so I decided
to give the other stalls a try. Time is 9:00pm, I was browsing around
the place hoping that there would be a stall selling desserts... O.O
I saw a long queue outside the opened 'Yong Tau Foo' stall itself...
Time to join in the queue too.

Looking at the stall wondering how come there's a few bowls placed in
front of the stall itself. Suddenly realised that I need to grab the
ingredients in a bowl before I queue up... Quickly grab all the
ingredients and jump back into the queue again... (==)""" 11 in line...

Waited for 20~30 minutes and it's almost my turn but wait, the stall
aunty just added a few more types of ingredients... and that look nice...
added a few more ingredients to my bowl again...

Finally, it's my turn. The stall uncle will ask the question of how
would you like the ingredients to be prepared?

I have listed some of the possibilities below.
  • Dry
  • Soup (With or without vegetables or ikan bilis or green chillies
  • Split the ingredients into 2 or more bowls
  • etc...
You will also be given the option of having a separate bowl of
noodles/rice vermicelli or you can also choose to have it inside the
big bowl of ingredients. Either ways, rather than trying to squeeze
all the ingredients into a bowl, if you have taken too much ingredients,
that will place all the ingredients into a bigger metal bowl, similar
to what I have shown in this post. In fact, the surface of the bowl
is big enough to cover more than half of my face.

On top of that, the bowl of noodles that I have ordered separately
is full of crispy bits, which is pretty much the same as the sides
of a fried dumpling and I'm loving it. Too bad the bowl of noodles
is much smaller than the bowl of ingredients that I have otherwise
it would be a good satisfying meal. :P

Either ways, I loved the soup. Besides for the sweet taste that most
'Yong Tau Foo' stall has, the soup has a spicy touch to it. Besides
for the taste, the wide variety that the place has is pretty astonishing
too. There's all sorts of pig organs, all types of deep fried stuff, etc...
If I'm not mistaken, they have more than 40 types of ingredients for
you to choose from. ++"""

Well where to get this 'Yong Tau Foo'?
The name of the stall will be 'Soon Li Yong Tau Foo'(顺利娘豆腐).
It's located in 'Bukit Merah View Market and Food Centre'.
Notes:
  • Operating Hours: Irregular but usually its from midnight onwards daily
  • Remember the following, queue up and get your ingredients first, before queueing up for the food. :)

* Click here for the location of 'Bukit Merah View Market and Food Centre' on
  Google Maps.
^ Click here for some other delicacies that can be found in 'Bukit Merah View Market and
  Food Centre'.

No comments:

Post a Comment