Sunday 27 May 2012

Not to be mistaken for the Chicken

Names, out there in this world, there could be multiple situations where 2 or more different stalls are having the same name but they can be selling similar or different items. One such example would be...


'Boon Tong Kee Kway Chap Braised Duck Rice'.
Unlike the infamous(?) 'Boon Tong Kee' Chicken Rice chain
in Singapore, this stall is another 'Boon Tong Kee' stall
but they are selling 'Kway Chap' and 'Braised Duck Rice'.

This would be my dinner of the day. 'Kway Chap' and
a plate of 'Braised Duck' meat topped with a bowl of
Yam Rice and a bowl 'Kway'(Rice Sheets in a bowl of soup'.)


If you are pretty cautious about the food that you are going
to put in your mouth, you will ended up liking this place.
In this little place of 'Kway Chap', you were given
ingredients like pig intestines, braised egg, braised meat,
'Tau Kwa'(firm beancurd) and 'Tau Pok'(fried beancurd).
I'm not sure how they are handling all these ingredients
but there are pretty 'clean'. ('Clean' here means that the
ingredients are washed properly and you are not getting
the ugly bits inside the intestines.)

Taste wise, I kinda like some of the ways that they are using
in handling the ingredients. The taste of the ingredients are
pretty fresh and the braised ingredients are not over braised,
especially when the 'Tau Pok', still has a bit of crispy touch
on it. The only thing that I don't like? The ingredients are too
clean and I still prefers a bit of 'dirty' touch to my 'Kway Chap'.:P


As compared to 'Roasted Duck', I prefer 'Braised Duck' even
much more. Most of the 'Braised Duck' meat in Singapore are
boneless and if they have done it properly, the duck meat
will ended up to be chewy and delicious. As for this place,
I got to admit that the 'Braised Duck' meat are pretty chewy
and delicious. The portion that I'm getting are pretty
generous too. But do remember to dip the duck meat into the
sauce before putting them into your mouth. :D
(Similar to the 'Kway Chap', the duck meat were pretty clean
and I love it. Kind of contradicting right, loving Duck meat
that are clean and 'Kway Chap' that is slightly dirty.)


If I'm not mistaken, I have read it somewhere that they are
using lots of herbal ingredients to make the soup for the
'Kway'. However, I think that the taste of the soup are not
tasty enough and I think that you can get a better bowl of
'Kway' with better 'Kway' and tastier soup elsewhere.


Based on my own experiences, I personally felt that the best
type of food to go with a plate of 'Braised Duck' would be
a bowl of 'Yam Rice'. :D This small bowl of 'Yam Rice' has
a pretty nice fragrance and it taste pretty good too. The
only drawback would be the fact that I'm not getting the
large pieces of 'Yam'. :P

Where to get this?

This stall is located in 'Zion Road Food Centre', which is
opposite 'Great World City Shopping Centre'.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours: 11am - 10pm
  • Be there early so that you will be experiencing a shorter queue.

* Click here for the location of 'Zion Road Food Centre' on Google Maps.
^ Click here for some other delicacies that can be found in 'Zion Road Food Centre'.

1 comment:

  1. This stall is one of my favourite for a long time .their soup is definitely my favourite . Some kway chap I found In singapore is Way too salty . The one I tried here has the perfect flavour the way I like it. !
    I will be going there to eat again .!

    ReplyDelete