Monday 23 April 2012

Eating a Cactus?

I haven't tried eating a cactus before. However, I have went to a restaurant with a Japanese name of 'Cactus' before and the infamous item on their menu would be...


all sorts of deep fried cutlets.
(In fact, most of the items on their menu comes with a deep
fried cutlet or two. For example: 'Tonkatsu', a.k.a deep
fried pork cutlet, cutlet sandwich, cutlet curry, etc...)


When my stomach is growling like crazy, my favourite choice
of food would be 'Tonkatsu'. However, today isn't a 'Tonkichi
Day' at 'Tonkichi', therefore I decided to try 'Tonkatsu' set
at a different restaurant. The above shows the table setting
of the restaurant. On each and every table, there's Citrus
sauce and salad dressing for the Cabbage and the typical
'Tonkatsu' sauce.

Why do I choose 'Tonkatsu' set meal over all the other
delicacies when I'm hungry?
This is because not just in Japan, local restaurants
serving 'Tonkatsu' set meal also practice the same idea
of providing unlimited free flow of Rice, Cabbage and Tea
whenever you place an order for a 'Tonkatsu' set meal. (≧∇≦)b
On top of the above, at 'Saboten', they have also provided
unlimited free flow of Miso soup. (≧∇≦)b
(I have to admit that I'm a glutton. In the past, when I'm
super hungry, I tend to go for the 3rd serving of rice. :P)

Shown in the above, would be the main course of the day.
'Tonkatsu' set and Garoupa set. By the way, the Garoupa
set also comes with deep fried prawn and crab croquette too.
Regardless of the ingredients, all the cutlets are pretty
crispy and delicious.(≧∇≦)b
(Unknowingly, I'm already on my 3rd bowl of rice.==””””””)
Too bad, They don't have deep fried Oyster on their menu,
which is one of my favourite item for deep fried food.


Each of the set meal that you have ordered at 'Saboten',
comes with a free Green Tea Ice Cream. Although the taste is
pretty normal and despite being free, I have tried to finish it.
(This is one of the principles in my life, not to waste food.)


The above shows the appearance of 'Saboten', which is
located on the 3rd floor of 'Parco Marina Bay'.


* Click here to find out more about Japan's 'Saboten' restaurant.(In Japanese)
^ Click here to find out more about 'Parco Marina Bay'.

No comments:

Post a Comment