Thursday 19 January 2012

A DIY meal (Closed)

Ever had the problem of don't feel like eating parts of a meal and feel like eating parts of the same meal? For example: I have the urge of eating Fish Ball Noodles Soup but I want to have it with rice. Seems like mission impossible but that isn't such a difficult task at all. Here comes...


a bowl of 'Yong Tau Hu'.
This is a bowl of 'Yong Tau Foo' with Laksa Gravy.
So what's a 'Yong Tau Foo' anyway?
Basically, a 'Yong Tau Foo' stall will give you the option of
choosing and selecting the ingredients that you feel like eating.
After selecting the ingredients, you will be given a choice of having
it in a soupy or a dry manner and on top of that, you will also be
given the choice of having it with either a bowl of Rice or Noodles
or Bee Hoon (Rice Vermicelli) or even Yam Rice.
(I guess that should more or less explains the DIY title. :P)

The above would be a bowl of 'Yong Tau Foo' that comes
with a bowl of clear soup and a bowl of Rice.
On be the way before I move on, take note that there are some
special ingredients that you can only find at a 'Yong Tau Foo' stall.
For example: Green/Red chillies stuffed with Fish Cakes (this
is one of my favourites), Bean Curd stuffed with Fish Cakes,
bitter gourd, etc.

The above would be a bowl of 'Yong Tau Foo' that comes
with a bowl of clear soup and a bowl of Yam Rice.
I like it especially when I can have it with a small plate of Chilli.

So where is this stall located?

It's located Kim Tian Road. It used to be the eating place that
I frequent the most back then. I was passing by the place the other
day, hence I decided to give it a try again. Although the prices
have increase a bit but for the sake of the fresh ingredients and
a good meal, I don't mind paying a bit more.
Oh, by the way this is a 24/7 stall so you can pop by the place
at any part of the day of night, which sort of reminds me of the
late night gathering that I have been having at this place back then. XD

* Click here for the exact location of this "Yong Tau Foo" stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment