Tuesday 20 September 2011

New Ramen store in Singapore 'Keisuke Tonkotsu King'

As I was free last weekend and I have not eaten a bowl of Ramen for the month of September, I decided to have Ramen for my dinner.



Tada~~~~ This is the Ramen shop 'Keisuke Tonkotsu King' Ramen store.
By looking from the outside, there isn't anything special about the store.

They have provided both a English Menu and a Japanese Menu.
However, the shop doesn't sell anything else besides for the
'Tonkotsu' ramen and a few kinds of beverages. This can be quite a hassle.


The shop has given you the option to mix and match a bowl of
Ramen to fit your requirements.
For example:
Type of Ramen - Normal, Black(Maybe its Shoyu), Red(Spicy)
Taste of the Soup - Thin, Normal, Thick
Noodle texture - Soft, Normal, Hard
Amount of Chicken Oil to be added - A little, Normal, A lot
This is pretty interesting, you can actually mix and match
up to 80 different bowls of Ramen.

Boiled eggs, Beansprout and Bonito Flakes are given for free.
This reminds me of 'Tokushima Ramen Todai' of Kyoto Station.
But, 'Tokushima Ramen Todai' only provide uncooked eggs for free.


While waiting for your bowl of Ramen, you will be given a bowl of Sesame
and you are suppose to grind it... What this is so similar to a 'Tonkatsu'...


This would be the Red Spicy Tonkotsu Ramen Special with all the toppings.


The Ajitsuke Tamago of this shop were as good as the Ajitsuke Tamago
that I had eaten at 'Marutama Ramen'. It's super delicious.


After adding a round of noodles, a boiled egg and some Beansprouts.

The Red Spicy Tonkotsu Ramen Special that they had prepared was neither
very salty nor spicy. However the potion of the Ramen that they had
prepared was targeted more towards ladies. As for myself, I was not even
half full after adding Noodles twice and I think I have enough space in my
stomach for another 2 rounds of Noodles. :D


They have hang posters of old Japanese movies on the wall. Which makes
it feel as if you were eating Ramen in a nineteen century Japanese Cinema. :P


Luckily, I went to the shop early. I definitely cannot
stand queueing up outside a restaurant for a long time.

Note:
  • Payment by Cash only
  • Lunch: 11.30am ~ 3pm
  • Dinner: 6pm ~ 10pm


* Click here for the map of 'Keisuke Tonkotsu King' restaurant.
^ Click here to find out more about 'Tonkatsu'.
# Click here to find out more about 'Marutama Ramen'.

No comments:

Post a Comment