Sunday 14 August 2011

粿汁 - Another spelling mistake for fruit juice?

Nope, there isn't a spelling mistake. In Singapore, there's really a Chinese dish known as Kway Chap(粿汁). Ever since I was young, I had been eating Kway Chap from numerous locations. Ranging from the market behind my Primary School, the coffee shop along River Valley Road, Tiong Bahru Market, etc. A few years ago, my colleagues had brought me to this Kway Chap store located near Macpherson Road. Although the location of this store used to be pretty inconvenient back then, it had become more and more convenient ever since the Circle line had started operating.



This is how the restaurant looks like. Not only it server Kway Chap,
it also provides Duck Rice too.


Although this was a plate of duck meat that was delivered to the wrong table,
I still took a photo of it. :P You were given a choice to choose between
Yam rice or a bowl of Kway to go with the Kway Chap ingredients. Since I
have a big stomach, I decided to get a bowl of Yam rice and a bowl of Kway.


Let's take a close look at the plate of Duck Meat.
It pretty interesting that they are serving duck meat with a few slices of pineapple.

Here are the ingredients that we had ordered. On the left, it's the store's speciality,
which is fried intestines. And on the right, it's the ingredients for the Kway Chap.
Usually for a plate of Kway Chap, it will include ingredients like pig intestines,
pig organs, boiled egg, etc... Besides for the fried intestines, another special
move of the store would be the step of serving sliced pineapples with each and
every plate of ingredients that have been ordered. Actually, I like the idea of
serving sliced pineapples with Kway Chap. Especially after eating a few slices of
pineapples, it had definitely help me to feel much better after having such a sinful meal. :D

Click here for the location of the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment